Thursday, July 16, 2009

{ Gals meet boy doll }

























So here he is nice & {stuffed}
My Son Alec is very pleased with him, I kinda missed a step when I was putting him together so let's just say it was a challenge to put him together. He took a bit longer than other one I made. All in all I'm pleased with the boy!
My son said something funny when I was putting him together he said "Mom he kinda looks like Michael Jackson huh?"
no disrespect but I kinda chuckled and said , yeah. Now what would give him that idea?

here's the link to the doll if you want to make your own- I got it off the Martha Stewart site . you can download the pattern & instructions. I must say it's pretty easy to make.....warning it's a 'girl pattern' I had to alter mine for a boy (wink) with cow lick & all. Oh yeah & we added chuck's on his feet.


WARNING: MAY GET A KINK IN NECK WHILE VIEWING!
Here's a picture of cousins in the works... sorry but I can't seem to flip this picture. I don't have it saved this way, don't know why it downloaded like this???


So here's some buttons I picked up this weekend at the Santa Cruz Flea market! love that place, been going there since I was a little girl~
aren't they beautiful! I love vintage buttons- and the lady had them on a string! how sweet


that's not all the nice lady had- look at this .... I got a bag full of thread, Vintage & mostly Coats & Clark.....
ahhh my heart skips a beat , love, love & love.

I've had this darling Japanese fabric {bambi print} and I couldn't wait to put it to use, so I made Betty Lou a skirt out of it- it's not the best thing I've sewn this week but I love the way she looks in her fairy tale dress & matching headband,,,,,,,, isn't she a doll :P


He loves me............. He Loves me not........He loves me....................

better get going my stinky computer keeps freezing up on me & my butt is numb from sitting here almost 2 hours (it's taken me) to post!
see ya all soon
}{huggs}{
swankygal

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I do rather like Romantic Homes mag but as I haven't received one for ages, I guess my subscription must have run out. Quite a lot more pricey for us Brits, unfortunately. Loving your finds and the boy-doll is cute. Am still laughing at the Michael Jackson comment!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
near the ocean, California, United States
I'm just a girl who loves to play with crafting supplies paint & scissors Welcome to my wacky little world, lover of all things vintage addicted to fabric.

Mend and make do.....

Mommy's Idea

don't spend your life, watching other people live it

don't spend your life, watching other people live it

Pages

Powered By Blogger